Friday, May 29, 2009

Rent-A-Cop is confused!

Ok, me and a co-worker was talking about my excessive need to take on more supervior shifts, even though...

A. I'll still be getting $7.40 for overtime
B. I'll be getting experience and it would look good

Now HIS arguement is why am i putting my all into a job that has NO benefits and pays close to minimum wage - i will agree to an extent- but its the small things that get me noticed

For example,

I was leaving a 9-8 shift, and i was called 30 later asking to do a 8-3 shift ( i didn't have to work till 4pm) i said yes, because one of the shifts would consider 8 hours overtime!

And he was ranting because i'm 20 years old, no kids, living with mom, and i'm doing all this overtime and happy to do it.


WTF I NEED MONEY IN MY LIFE!

Mind you, its not like i call dispatch and ask them to give me a shift on my day off! (i'll be damned!)

This is my second job, which i'm trying to keep more than two months, i dont get how people complain about doing your job with a smile on your face.

Now my question is,

What do you do about this?

-End rant

No comments:

Post a Comment